-->

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Spend Spend Spend


This post is probably going to seem a liiittle bit ironic given that in my last blog I spoke a bit about life as a poor, penniless student but I'm ashamed to say I have fallen victim to a massive case of ASOS-itus. I haven't placed an order with them for just over a year now, partly because I lost my love for online shopping and partly because I couldn't seem to find much stuff that took my fancy. But today has most definitely made up for my lack of online action and has also seen the arrival of a pretty massive dent to my bank balance!

I'm about to take exams that will mark the end of my first year as a Business Marketing student and I don't know about other people but I find whenever it comes around to revision time I suddenly develop a new found love of anything and everything (especially cleaning?) that fills my time and in turn keeps my nose out of the books. Couple this with the cheeky arrival of my latest student loan installment yesterday and voilà.. another inevitable yet expensive day of procrastination! 

I thought I'd do a quick post showing you the items I've picked up, some of which I know I'll probably end up sending back out of feeling guilty if nothing else, even though I did try and stick to the sales to keep those feelings to a minimum! And the top I ordered I got in two different sizes so one will definitely be going back - slight justification?!


Items listed below (From: top left clockwise)

3. ASOS Trapeze Top - Mink SALE £8.00 
6. Ameko Leather Coin Purse - Green SALE £8.00 

In total it came to £84.00 which I can't decide if I think is good value or not for the number and type of items I've got but doing this post I've realised that most of my virtual shopping bag was filled with jewellery; a massive weakness of mine. I just think that depending what jewellery you choose to team with an outfit it can  give it a new vibe, take it from daytime to evening, or just give a little bit of colour. 


That wasn't the end of my day's spending though (oops) as I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Urban Decay Naked Palette that I've been lusting after since Christmas! I got mine through eBay as when I checked last night it was out of stock on the Debenhams website. My winning bid ended up being £38.50 plus P&P of £3.00 so £41.50 which I felt was a price I was willing to pay since it's something I've been wanting for so long... until I rechecked and saw it's back in stock here. Typ-i-cal - I can't deny I'm a little bit annoyed  and have been kicking myself a bit ever since. My only comfort is that the one I've got is the set with the 24/7 eyeliner duo whereas Debenhams are stocking the palette with the karma brush, which for me would be less useful than the eyeliner. Also, when I actually worked it out with delivery charges it's only a saving of £8.70 which seems slightly less disastrous!

Anyway, I'd be interested to know your thoughts and hear if any of you have been suffering from the same spending urges I have. Is your Achilles Heel clothes, jewellery, make-up or something else? Let me know.

Lots of love

Hannah x

4 comments:

  1. I suffer from spending urges every single day. :(

    Let us know how you like your new purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like that essie colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rings are gorgeous! Normally bracelets are my forte but lately I've been having a thing for rings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice blog! :D

    Louise Cecilie // www.LouiseCecilie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete